Application Deadline was March 1, 2017, applications are now closed.
AM I ELIGIBLE?
IF EACH OF THE FOLLOWING IS TRUE FOR YOU, THE ANSWER IS YES!
- I want a quality career in a high skill/high demand occupation, such as health care, information
technology, manufacturing, welding, electrical, auto mechanics, culinary arts, and other skilled trades.
- I will attend Metropolitan Community College in the fall of 2017.
- I am reliable, responsible, and hard-working, and others will confirm this.
- I am a senior attending a Douglas or Sarpy County high school.
- I am eligible for the Free or Reduced Lunch program and/or a Federal Pell Grant.
- I am either a US citizen, a permanent resident, or eligible for a work permit (also known as Employment Authorization Document or EAD)/DACA, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Application Steps (All four steps must be completed by March 1, 2017):
- Complete this application
- Complete your application to Metropolitan Community College
- Complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and send the results to MCC.
- Take the required MCC placement tests (ACT or Accuplacer)
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP INCLUDE?
- Up to $4,000 annually, for two years at Metropolitan Community College.
- All tuition, books, and fees.
- Other educational costs such as tools, uniforms, etc.
- Avenue Scholars college and career support
WHEN WILL I KNOW IF I GET THE SCHOLARSHIP?
- You will be notified by April 3, 2017, if selected.